Basic Life Support (BLS) Course
This course includes:
- Adult and Child Bag-Mask Technique and Rescue Breathing
- 2-Rescuer CPR Child/Adult
- Adult CPR
- Child CPR
- Infant CPR
Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- General Concepts
You will receive BLS/CPR AHA cards onsite once the course is completed.
Your BLS/CPR AHA cards are good for 2 years from time of issuance.
Available Course Dates
AHA HeartCode© BLS Online Course
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Product replaces 90-1404, 90-1403 and 90-1433
- CE/CME credits available
- HeartCode BLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the BLS Course. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session
- Designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings
- HeartCode BLS is the eLearning component of BLS blended learning. It uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills. After completing the eLearning component, students will attend a structured Instructorled course that focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols and skills testing
- You must provide an e-mail address when ordering this product. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online
- Shipping and handling fees will be removed when order is processed
- See spec tab for minimum computer requirements
- Codes will be emailed within 24 hours of orders placed between 730am-530pm CST Monday-Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning
What to expect at your BLS Skills Session
WHAT IS A SKILLS SESSION?
For those who seek BLS certification through the American Heart Association’s Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Blended (online-based) course, the BLS Skills Session is an opportunity to practice and test the necessary hands-on skills with one of our helpful instructors. The blended course is a 3-part process to certification.
- Part 1 – eLearning and simulation on any internet-connected computer
- Part 2 – In-person skills practice
- Part 3 – In-person skills testing
Prior to attending a Skills Session, the participant should have completed Part 1 of the 3-part process. Upon completion, the participant should print their Certificate of Completion and bring it with them to give their instructor.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE…
Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by one of our friendly AHA instructors. You’ll then be asked to present your Part 1 Certificate of Completion.
We’re focused on your understanding and success, so your instructor will ask if there was any aspect of the course for which you have questions. Take this opportunity to address any topics that may not be clear.
SKILLS PRACTICE AND TESTING
Your instructor will work with you to make sure you’re comfortable performing the following skills:
- Chest Compressions
- Pocket-mask ventilations
- Bag-mask ventilation
- Use of the AED (defibrillator)
You’ll then be given an “in-hospital” adult BLS scenario so you can practice these skills in sequence. Following this opportunity to practice, your instructor will then test your skills by asking you to perform the scenario without any assistance or intervention from the instructor.
Once the adult check-off is complete, you’ll then follow the same process for the infant skills and scenario.
Shhhhhhhhh…don’t tell anyone (just kidding), but we’ve included the adult and infant BLS check-off sheet to assist you in preparing for a successful check-off: